- This event has passed.
FREE Lunch and Learn: Makerspaces as an Innovation and Education Hub
April 25, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm MST
A makerspace is a collaborative work space inside a classroom, school, library, or separate public/private facility for making, learning, exploring and sharing that uses high tech to no tech tools. In a traditional Educational Maker Space students and teachers utilize these tools to use the maker mindset to create something out of nothing and explore their own interests. However, more and more individuals working in public and educational maker spaces are realizing this may not be enough and they are asking “now what”? What more can I do? How can I help my space evolve and be sustainable?
This FREE Lunch & Learn, hosted by STAX3D and Saxton Bradley, will help you think differently about maker spaces. You will have an opportunity to meet with others that share similar interests and goals, and be able to ask questions to experts in 3D technology, STEAM education, and body and brain compatible furniture!
Please go to the Eventbrite site to reserve your place, https://free-lunch-and-learn-makerspaces.eventbrite.com
Space is Limited!
What is included:
- Hands–on exploration of various STE(A)M kits and resources and body-brain compatible furniture appropriate for K – 12 spaces.
- 3D printing and scanning
- Robotics (K – University)
- Virtual Reality
- VS – Shift+ line of educational furniture
Discuss the following:
- Key elements for successful “maker space”.
- How to determine which equipment to use.
- Funding resources for your new space and equipment?
- Using your space as the innovation and education hub of your community or school.
- How to use your space to engage your community and generate new revenue.
Lunch will be provided
For more information contact us at 602-595-3155 or
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar