It’s a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) world after all! Let’s explore it together. This parent/child experience is designed to give our youngest learners an introduction to the magical world of STEM through age-appropriate activities including engineering, programming, and of course, robotics.
At the RoboGym powered by STAX3D, we believe it is important that families have the opportunity to spend time together exploring, learning, and having fun together doing the things they love. With this in mind, we have created a series of workshops for our younger innovators and tinkerers: Wonder Workshops.
Workshop-based classes that are hands-on, minds-on, and designed for children ages 5 – 9. Some topics include:
- My First Robot
- Engineering For Kids
- Bubble Mania
- Robot That Think
- Maker Minions
- and more!!
Hands-on activities allow parents and children to experience engineering and robotics in a manner that is engaging, fun, and collaborative. Wonder Workshops help children build a solid foundation in problem solving, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Help create problem-based robotics, engineering, and programming experiences for children and their parents.
- Be more comfortable “playing” with robotics, engineering, and programming experiences.
- Learn about other opportunities they can use with the children to help foster their natural curiosity.
- Make connections with other like-minded parents and children.
- Build a better relationship with their child through educational play.
- Have fun problem solving, collaborating, and building with their children
- Learn about robotics, engineering, and programming concepts
- Develop their fine motor skills and creative thinking!
- Use basic engineering tools and thinking processes
- Apply their creativity to solve problems
- Practice following directions and improve coordination and visual dexterity.
- Have numerous opportunities to develop sharing, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Have FUN!!! (and learn but not even know it)
- Take home a robotics, engineering, or programming kit or supplies to continue the learning and fun at home.
Engineering for Kids – Wonder Workshop
Join us for a fun and engaging workshop building, testing, and problem-solving with your child. We will read a children’s story about engineering and solve various engineering and building challenges by building a catapult to launch marshmallows. You will also have an opportunity to explore building with Hexbugs, Goldieblox, and VEX IQ robotics. You will be able to take a kit home for an endless amount of play you can share together. Choose from a Hexbug Nano V2 or a GoldieBlox kit. Registration fee includes one parent, one child and an engineering kit.
Ages: 5 – 9
Cost: $45 / Max 8 children and parent teams
Who Should Attend
The engaging and fun Wonder Workshops are intended to be enjoyed by a parent and their child. Parents who want to learn how to provide more robotics related experiences for children and who want to learn with their children would a perfect fit for this course.
When and where are classes?
Classes will be held Saturday mornings from 10:00am – 11:30am in the RoboGym by STAX3D. Be sure to check our calendar for Wonder Workshop topics and dates.
RoboGym powered by STAX3D
Chandler Fashion Center
3111 W. Chandler Blvd Suite 108
Chandler, AZ 85226
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I bring a robotics workshop to my school or district?
Please contact Shawn Hardina. Shawn can set-up the correct dynamic robotics workshop for your staff.
How can we substitute teacher(s) for a workshop?
Please contact the RoboGym by STAX3D. Please have the information for the workshop or course (site and date) ready as well as the names of the registrants and names of the substitutions. A $10 replacement fee will apply.
How do I get a copy of an invoice?
You will receive an invoice in the mail shortly after registering and the invoice will be attached.
What if the course is cancelled by the RoboGym by STAX3D?
In the event of a course cancellation, you would be notified and informed of your options including rescheduling to another course or you may receive a full refund.
What do I do if I need to cancel my registration?
All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the RoboGym by STAX3D at least 2 weeks (14 days) before the start date of the workshop for a full refund, less a $25 processing fee. If you cancel within two weeks of the workshop or course you may contact the RoboGym by STAX3D to transfer the registration to another individual, minus the $25 processing fee but a refund cannot be given within two weeks of the workshop or course start date. The cancellation fee for camps is $150. No-shows receive no refund. In the unlikely event, a workshop is cancelled, registrants will be reimbursed for workshop registration only or may choose another workshop or course date.
Can we videotape the workshop for future professional development or other uses?
The RoboGym by STAX3D does not allow audiotaping or videotaping of workshops. The power of the RoboGym by STAX3D workshops require teachers to experience first-hand effective use of the project-based activities. Listening to a tape or watching a video on the workshop dilutes the impact of the training and subsequent implementation. Recording is prohibited unless special copyright permission is granted by the RoboGym by STAX3D.
Who can I speak with about special assistance I need to attend your workshop?
Please contact the RoboGym by STAX3D and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Can I exchange or return workshop materials?
Workshop materials are included in your workshop fee and you may or may not chose to keep them.
Is the RoboGym by STAX3D offering other workshops near me?
The RoboGym by STAX3D offers various workshops throughout the year. Please check the Available Courses to see upcoming workshops and courses on our website. www.eastvalleyrobotics.com
* Parents must sign a hold harmless and photo release prior to the class
* Camp may be cancelled due to low enrollment no later than the Tuesday prior to the camp’s start. Cancelled programs will be 100% refunded or transferred.
Have questions about Wonder Workshops for Children 5 – 9 and a parent – Engineering for Kids? Contact STAX3D